Tire of the same old windows theme? Well here is a quick and easy way to enable a dark theme on windows 10.
- First you will need to open the registry editor. Which can be done by pressing the windows key & R at the same time. You can also open start and type out “regedit” and it will show up.
- Follow this path; HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion >Theme
- Once there you will need to “right click” the theme folder and click “create key”
- Name it Personalize.
- After you have created the key “personalize”double click it. On the right side, where it is blank, you will need to “right click” again and click new
- at this point, you you will need to select “DWORD” Value (32 bit)
- Go ahead and name the value. Mine is name darktheme
- You will need to change the Value to and the Base hexadecimal as constant.
- Now that you have done this under the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE you will need verify that it also set under HKEY_CURRENT_USER
- Right Click “Personalize” and a drop down menu will appear. There you can jump to HKEY_CURRENT_USER to verify it.
- Lastly, you will just need to close out and save all your work, because you will need to reboot your laptop/workstation.
- After the reboot, open up setting and and go to “colors” there you will find the themes at the bottom.