This error is caused when outlook cannot find the main profile on your laptop or the profile has been corrupted. Which can be frustrating issue. Here is how to fix it.
Opening Outlook in safe mode (Part 1):
- The First step is to press the following keys. Win + R
- This known as “run” where windows will open a program for you. In here you will type “outlook.exe /safe“
- Once you have outlook open, create a new profile.
- After you have created the new profile, you will be able to use outlook in windows without an issue. But, it will only work in safe mode.
Fixing the Profile Issue (Part 2):
- Open Control Panel
- In the search bar, type “mail”
- Click the Option that shoes up. (see photo)
- A new window will pop up “Mail Setup – Outlook”
- click “show profiles…”
- “Show Profiles” will turn into a new window and display all the current outlook profiles on your laptop. Simply delete the old one and set the new one to “always use this profile”
- Click apply and then OK.
- Try opening outlook.